Searching for Truth Ministries
Psalm 145:17 says:
“The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.”
We learn two things about God in this verse: He is righteous and holy.
Here is what the Bible says about humans:
1. Romans 3:10 says: “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:”
We humans are all unrighteous.
2. Romans 3:23 says: “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
Not only are none of us righteous, but we are all sinners. God is righteous and holy; we humans are unrighteous and sinful.
3. Romans 6:23a says: “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
This means that death is the payment for our sin, but God offers us a free gift. You don't have to work for a gift.
4. Romans 5:8 “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
"Commendeth" means to show or put on display.
5. Romans 10:9-10 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
6. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
We need to believe in our heart: Christ's death, burial, and resurrection. We then need to confess this with our mouth.
7. Romans 10:13 says: “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
We call on the Lord to save us through prayer.
If you would like to pray and ask Jesus to come into your heart, forgive your sin, and save you; pray in your own words, a simple prayer such as this: "Dear Jesus. I believe that you died for me, and then rose from the dead. I believe you can hear and answer my prayer. Please forgive my sin, and come into my heart and save me. Thank you for saving me. Amen."
If you prayed and asked Jesus to save you, I would love to hear about your decision, and suggest some further steps that you might want to take. Please contact me: Arv Edgeworth at [email protected]